Thursday, June 26, 2008

Small Victories Should be Celebrated

Like using all the vegetables in last week's CSA share. Including the turnip greens that came attached to the turnips. My German immigrant great-grandmother would be so proud of me. (And my mother, who left the farm for college and never looked back, is rather bemused that her daughter both lives on a block with a population many times greater than that of the entire town in which she grew up and goes to such great lengths to recreate the experience of feeding a family from the kitchen garden because there will be no spare cash for food until the harvest comes in. Except, you know, for the aged sherry vinegar. And the imported Parmigiano-Reggiano.)

Another small victory: posting something here three days in a row. I'll see if I can keep this up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home